William Newton Hospital has several levels of care among our nursing units to meet your needs.
- Medical/Surgical (2nd East)
- Skilled/Swing Bed (2nd East)
- Family Birthing Center (obstetrics, located on 3rd West)
- Intensive Care (North end of 2nd East)
- Ambulatory Care Services (Surgery Center)
- Observation Care
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)
Nurses are in charge of your care during your stay. Under the direction of the physician, the nurse will carry out the physician’s orders. The nurse will provide your medications as prescribed, make sure you receive the right diet, make sure that the radiology and laboratory tests are carried out, and that your basic needs are cared for, such as hygiene and toileting. Your nurse will provide education to you on a variety of subjects including information on your medications, diagnosis, and plan of care for you when you return home. In some units, a nurse’s aide fulfills basic needs as well, such as changing linens, toileting, hygiene, and providing food and drink at appropriate times.