The William Newton Hospital Education Department in Winfield offers classes, testing, and resources for medical staff as well as patient education on topics like diabetes, prepared childbirth, and nutrition. Classes include CPR, NRP, and Arrhythmia classes which can count towards CEUs. The education department also manages employee trainings and nurse competencies, and maintains employee certifications in BLS, ACLS, TNCC, and other requirements.
Classes are open to the public for a class fee. Other patient/staff offerings include:
- Cardiac Teaching
- Diabetic Teaching
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Prepared Childbirth
- Physician CME
- Nursing CNE
If you are interested in attending professional education programs please view the education calendar for dates and times. All other questions can be directed to the Education Department at 620-221-2300 ext. 1145 or email.
Signing up for HeartCode® ACLS & BLS
**Google Chrome is the preferred browser for RQI1stop, the platform for HeartCode ® courses.
Registration for the course:
- Complete an education request form or email/doc halo education coordinator.
- After you submit the request for ACLS and/or BLS you will receive an email from RQI1Stop. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folder.
Online course completion:
- In the email, you will be prompted to change your password.
- After you change your password, you will receive another email to enroll in the course.
- From the email, click on the link to enroll in the course.
- Hands-On Session must be performed at a skills station. Skills stations are accessible 24/7, are self-guided, and do not require a staff or faculty to be present.
- The Skills station is in the hyperbaric chamber room on 2W.
- Instructions for use will be provided at the skill stations.
Certification of completion:
- After completion of the skills/hands on portion, you will need to sign back into the site on another computer that has access to a printer.
- Complete the evaluation as instructed.
- Click the box to claim CEU (if needed) then print certificate and/or card.
- TAKE A COPY TO HUMAN RESOURCES