Medical Nutrition Therapy
At William Newton Hospital, with a doctor’s referral, the RD, LD is available to provide nutrition education, counseling and coordination of nutrition care in a variety of areas including:
- Cardiac Disease
- Celiac Disease—Gluten Free
- Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes
- Gastrointestinal Issues
- Nutrition for Wound Healing
- Pre-Bariatric Surgery Counseling
- Renal Disease
- Tube Feedings
- Weight Control—Weight Reduction or Underweight Issues
- Other assistance available upon request
Does insurance cover my visit to see the RD, LD?
Insurance coverage for medical nutrition therapy varies. Many commercial insurance plans will cover your visit. Medicare approves coverage for diabetes and renal disease if certain criteria are met. Check with your provider for your specific coverage benefits.
For further information contact: