One of William Newton Hospital's Difference Makers recognitions, this award was created by the DAISY Foundation to say “thank you” to nurses everywhere. The DAISY Award For Extraordinary Nurses ® honors the super-human work nurses do for patients and families every day.
When will it be awarded?
Once a year. Nominations will be accepted each fall.
Who can be nominated?
Any clinical nurse (RN, LPN, or APRN) employed by William Newton Hospital for at least one year.
DAISY Award recipients are nominated by their peers, physicians, patients and families, and other staff and administrators.
What does a nurse who wins The DAISY Award receive?
- A certificate held in a handsome portfolio, proclaiming the recipient an "Extraordinary Nurse"
- A DAISY Award pin
- A unique, hand-carved serpentine stone sculpture from Zimbabwe, entitled "A Healer's Touch"
- A Spotlight page on the DAISY Foundation website featuring a photo and telling the story of why this nurse was honored
- Presentation in the nurse's unit including: Cinnamon rolls and a celebratory banner hung in the recipient's unit for a month
- Recognition on William Newton Hospital social media
2022 Winner: Angie Brooks, BSN, RN
Please join us in thanking Angie and all of our extraordinary nurses for their continued dedication to their field.