January 22, 2018
There's No Place Like Home
By Rachel Livingston, BSN, RN, William Newton Home Health Director
Do you have a loved one dealing with medical concerns? Do you wish you had your own registered nurse to help keep your loved one at home? Home health could be the answer, and the staff at William Newton Home Health would love to help.
Home health care is a cost-effective alternative to hospitalization or nursing home care. At William Newton Home Health our goal is to keep you independent in your home as long as possible. As a non-profit agency, our sole focus is to serve the residents of our community and provide top-notch care. With home health caring for you or a loved one, you could receive a wide range of services from a professional, dedicated, and compassionate staff.
Services provided are:
- Skilled nursing services by a registered nurse can provide wound care, patient and caregiver education, and monitoring of serious or chronic illnesses. The nurse will work closely with your physician regarding the plan of care.
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy services will collaborate with you and create a home exercise program to increase your strength and endurance, and ensure that you have all the equipment necessary to be safe.
- Speech therapy can offer assistance with a speech impairment related to an illness or injury, or difficulties swallowing.
- A medical social worker can work with you to assess unmet needs and connect you with local resources.
- A Home Health aide can assist with personal care needs such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
To qualify for our home health services you must be a resident of Cowley, western Chautauqua, eastern Sumner, and southwest Elk counties, be under a physician’s care, and meet homebound standards. A patient is considered homebound if they cannot leave home without “considerable and taxing effort.” William Newton Home Health accepts patients with Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, and worker’s compensation. Most insurances cover services at 100%!
William Newton Home Health is proud to now offer palliative care services. Our skilled palliative care team assists in providing management of chronic or terminal illnesses. We work to improve quality of life for both the patient and their family. Palliative care can be provided while the patient continues to receive curative treatments.
For more information on home health services or palliative care, contact William Newton Home Health at 620-221-2916 or stop by at 1305 E. 5th Ave in Winfield.
Editor's Note: This article was submitted by William Newton Hospital for the Cowley CourierTraveler Regional Medical Guide published January 27, 2018.