One of William Newton Hospital's Difference Makers recognitions, the recipient of the Unsung Heroes award is a department that is making a difference, yet receives little recognition, and usually refrains from claiming too much in return. Unsung Heroes are a dedicated, gracious, exceptional, extraordinary, and remarkable department committed to providing excellent care and/or customer service to our patients, community, and each other.
This award recognizes the outstanding efforts that have substantially benefited the patients, staff, and organization.
When will it be awarded?
Twice a year. Nominations will be accepted in April and November. Honorees will be announced respectively during Hospital Week in May and at the WNH employee Christmas party in December.
Who can be nominated?
Any department that has not been named Unsung Heroes in the last three years
Departments nominate other departments. It is advised to solicit feedback from employees at department meetings and decide as a group.
What does the department receive?
- Department name listed on a cumulative plaque, with the current honoree featured in a photo
- Celebration with a sub sandwich bar for the department
- A celebratory banner hung in the department for a month
- Recognition in the Exchange newsletter
- Recognition at Hospital Week picnic and/or WNH employee Christmas party
- Recognition on William Newton Hospital social media
Download Nomination Form Now - Submit completed form to Human Resources.