William Newton Hospital Circle of Care: Standards of Performance
- I will smile, greet, and introduce myself at the beginning of each new interaction, as I am privileged to serve you. I will answer the telephone promptly and kindly provide my name and department.
- My warm and gentle welcome will provide reassurance and confidence in times of worry.
- I will be considerate of a patient's family and friends; they are important to the patient and they are important to me.
- My attitude and actions will make a difference in your care. If I am rude, so is the hospital. If I am negative, so is the hospital. If the care I provide is excellent, so is WNH.
- My name badge will be worn as I am proud to be an employee.
- I communicate effectively and with empathy and cultural understanding.
- I will promote accountability by being responsible for my own actions. You can count on me.
- I will be self-motivated and driven to perform at my highest level.
- I will demonstrate respect by treating others as I would expect to be treated. I will accept constructive feedback.
- I will take ownership in WNH. I will be prideful about the appearance of WNH facilities; I will pick up after myself, co-workers and patients to ensure that our environment is clean and inviting.
- My actions will be based on honesty, moral principles and sincerity. I will not judge others.
- I will embrace new technology and proven medical research. I will not be afraid of change if it results in better outcomes for our patients and organization.
- I will be positive and approachable. I will take issues to those it directly concerns with a solution in mind.
- I will be a team player. I will support co-workers in every department and offer a helping hand when in need.
- My wisdom will be shared with all employees. I will help them, and not allow them to fail.
I AM William Newton Hospital.
I represent excellence, both internally and in the community.
I make a difference.